Relia Group Compliance Standards
The mission of the Relia Group is to contribute to the development of society through the growth of the company. Constantly aware of our social mission and responsibility as an infrastructure company that connects people and society, we aim to be a corporate Group that is trusted by society, through proper corporate activities that comply with laws, regulations, and other rules, social norms, and corporate ethics.
The Relia Group Compliance Standards are guidelines that apply to all officers and employees of Relia Inc. ("the Company") and its Group companies. Separate standards have been prepared for each occupation that they cover, and they also apply correspondingly to seconded and temporary employees, incoming dispatched workers, and employees of incoming subcontractors. They are distributed to all officers and employees in the form of a card that they can carry with them, and efforts are made to raise awareness of compliance among each and every employee through various initiatives, including in-house training.
Relia Group Compliance Standards
(for Full-time Permanent Employees and Contract Employees)
1. Compliance with legal norms and guidelines
- We recognize laws and regulations in Japan and other countries and voluntary regulations and ethical guidelines of relevant industry organizations, and will thoroughly comply with them.
- We will comply with the Company's internal rules and, with due recognition of the corporate ethics required of the Group, act with good sense and responsibility as members of society.
2. Appropriate work activities
- We will address our day-to-day operations in good faith and perform them properly.
- We will make explanations to consumers, who are the end users of our services, accurately and in good faith with the necessary information, and we will not respond in ways that are problematic in terms of laws, regulations, and ethics, such as misrepresenting the facts or failing to present material facts.
- We will report to client companies and the Company accurately, regardless of the situation, and we will not act inappropriately, such as making false reports.
Relationship with Society
3. High standard of corporate ethics and respect for human rights
- With a self-awareness that we belong to the international community, we will act with good sense, responsibility, and a high sense of ethics as members of society.
- We respect human rights and will not discriminate on the basis of race, beliefs, gender, social status, religion, nationality, age, or physical or mental disability.
- We will not make illegal political donations.
5. Response to antisocial forces
- In the event of an unreasonable demand from an antisocial force such as an organized crime group, we will respond with a resolute attitude and will not attempt to settle the issue by monetary means.
- We will have no dealings whatsoever with antisocial forces or trading partners that are associated with them.
Relationships with trading partners and competitors
6. Compliance with the Antimonopoly Act
- We will not commit acts that violate or are likely to violate the Antimonopoly Act, such as cartels, collusive bidding practices, and abusing the dominant position under any circumstances, and we will compete with other companies fairly and freely.
7. Compliance with individual industry laws, etc. of client companies
- Officers and employees engaged in subcontracted operations will understand and comply with the individual industry laws (Act on Specified Commercial Transactions, etc.) with which client companies must comply and their supplementary official notices and guidelines, etc.
8. Proper transactions with suppliers and compliance with the Subcontract Act
- We will engage with suppliers with good sense and in good faith in our transactions and treat them with fairness and impartiality.
- We will comply with the Subcontract Act that prohibits acts such as unreasonable bargaining, unreasonable refusal of acceptance, unreasonable return of goods, and unreasonable payment delays.
9. Compliance with the Unfair Competition Prevention Act
- We will not acquire or use the trade secrets of the Company or another company by theft or other wrongful means for any reason.
- We will not obtain or use the trade secrets of the Company or another company with the knowledge that those trade secrets have been acquired or are likely to have been acquired by wrongful means.
10. Gifts and hospitality
- We will not give money, gifts, hospitality, convenience, or other economic benefit to any public servant or equivalent person in relation to their duties.
- We will not exchange money, gifts, hospitality, convenience, or other economic benefit with officers or employees of trading partners, etc. beyond socially accepted conventions.
Relationship with Shareholders and Investors
11. Prohibition of insider trading
- In the event that we learn of a material fact of the Company or a trading partner, etc. that would have a marked impact on the investment decisions of investors, we will not buy or sell shares, etc. in the Company or that business partner (insider trading) until that fact is made public.
- Regarding the sale or purchase of shares, etc. in the Company, we will comply with the Insider Trading Prevention Rules.
- We will not obtain shares in an undisclosed trading partner or (potential) investee without the approval of the Company.
Relationship with Officers and Employees
12. Respect for human rights, prohibition of discrimination, and equality of opportunity
- To enable the officers and employees of the Relia Group, who possess insightful sensibilities and rich individuality, to demonstrate their abilities to the fullest, we will respect each other and exchange opinions freely to create a bright and open workplace environment. We must also strive for equality of opportunity for employment and skills development.
- We will strive to promote diversity, respect the lifestyles of officers and employees, and aim for the realization of a good work-life balance to create a workplace environment in which each officer and employee can participate actively regardless of gender or age and where diverse people can work with fulfillment.
- We will not exercise unreasonable discrimination in all its forms based on place of birth, nationality, race, ethnicity, beliefs, religion, gender, age, disability, interests, academic background, and other attributes.
- We will not commit sexual harassment, acts that are likely to be misconstrued by others as sexual harassment, or sexual words or actions that make others uncomfortable, and we will prevent others from committing such acts.
- We will not harass or treat unfavorably any person for reason of pregnancy, childbirth, caring for children, or caring for elderly family members.
- We will not speak or act in ways that continuously negate the character or humanity of another person beyond the inherent scope of operations against a background of authority or other form of power.
- We will not harass another person either mentally or physically, such as discriminatory words or actions, ridicule, bullying, or violence, regarding their sexual orientation or sexual identity.
- We will not disrupt the sound atmosphere, environment, and order of the workplace through actions that are offensive to public order and morals.
14. Protection of personal information
- We will use personal information of officers and employees obtained in the course of operations solely for operational purposes and we will manage such information strictly. We will also manage it strictly to ensure that personal information or privacy is not leaked to a third party.
15. Compliance with labor relations laws
- We will comply with labor relations laws, strive to maintain a comfortable workplace environment and the health of officers and employees, and establish safety obligations systems.
- We will comply with the Worker Dispatching Act and strive to be proper in the dispatching of workers and in our intake of dispatched workers.
Relationships with Company and Company Assets
16. Compliance with the Rules of Employment and Other Company Regulations
- We will comply with the Rules of Employment and will not commit any of the prohibited items set forth therein.
- We will comply with individual company regulations and rules.
17. Proper accounting practices
- We will enter the proper monetary amounts in the ledgers (payment vouchers, sales slips, etc.). We will not make false or misleading entries.
18. Acts in conflict of interest and distinction between public and private
- We will not do anything that is in conflict or appears to be in conflict with the interests of the Company, such as working for a competitor or trading partner or dealing with the Company for one's own benefit.
- We will not use Company assets or information systems for any purpose other than for the Company's operations.
- We will not engage in other occupations without obtaining the approval of the Company.
19. Management of secrets
- We will handle the confidential information and personal information disclosed by trading-partner companies and third parties with the same degree of strictness.
- We will not discuss the content of our work in any location other than our place of work (booth, etc.), even if it is inside the premises of the Company or a client company (corridors, elevator, restrooms, etc.).
- We will not write about information obtained during work or happenings at our place of work (booth, etc.) on the internet, such as on blogs or noticeboards.
20. Information systems
- We will use the Company's information systems solely for operational purposes and we will not use them for personal purposes.
- We will manage IDs and passwords associated with the Company's information systems strictly and prevent their leaking to a third party.
- We will not attempt unauthorized access, such as stealing another person's ID or password or infiltrating another person's computer system.
21. Protection of intellectual property rights
- We will not commit violations (unauthorized copying of computer software, etc.) of the intellectual property rights of the Company, other companies, or other third parties obtained through our operations.
Reports, investigations, and penalties
22. Reports and advice
- If we detect an act by an officer or employee that is in violation of laws and regulations, various guidelines, and these standards, we will report to or consult the Internal Reporting Desk.
- Officers and employees will cooperate with investigations to confirm the facts regarding the existence or otherwise of violations.
- If a violation is revealed by such an investigation, the perpetrator and his or her supervisor may be subjected to disciplinary action pursuant to the Rules of Employment, etc.
25. Protection of persons making reports or consultations
- The Board of Directors and the Compliance Committee will take every care to ensure that any officer or employee who has reported a violation or cooperated with the investigation is not subjected to unfavorable treatment.